Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 4

I am still getting use to keeping a blog but recently my days have been filled with things to do....but I am ready to get back to it:

Awhile back I found a website that had "50 life secrets & tips" and absolutely fell in love with it so I am going to sure it with you..... Now not all of them are great but I enjoyed the majority of them:

1. Memorize something everyday.
2. Constantly try to reduce your attachment to possessions.
3. Develop an endless curiosity about this world.
4. Remember people's name.
5. Get fit
6. Learn to focus only on the present.
7. Even more specifically, live in THIS moment.
8. Smile more often.
9. Drink water.
10. Don't take life so seriously!
11. Think positive thoughts.
12. Read books.
13. Get in the sun.
14. Help others.
15. Set aside a specific time to worry each day.
16. Be honest at all times.
17. Sleep less.
18. Read "Bringers of light" and "Conversations with god" by Neale Donald Walsch
19. Figure out what your goals and dreams are.
20. Start your day off right.
21. Utilize "The burning method" ( Write any negative thoughts you have on a piece of paper and burn it!)
22. Travel.
23. "The rubber band method" for fears and negative thoughts. Wear a rubber band and whenever you get negative thoughts of have a fear snap it to your skin to put your mind one something else.
24. Learn to be unaffected by the words of others.
25. Read "Zen and the art of happiness" by: Chris Prentiss
26. Develop the ability to forgive.
27. Be the person that makes others feel special.
28. Learn to lucid dream.
29. Visualize daily.
30. Meditate everyday for at least 20 minutes.
31. Learn to control your emotions.
32. Learn to control your mind.
33. Take a class in speed reading.
34. Relax!
35. Work on making a good first impressions.
36. Learn to use your eyes to their full potential.
37. Be mysterious.
38. Come up with a life mantra.
39. Get good at something.
40. Work out those abs.
41. Keep your brain sharp.
42. Read something inspirational right before bed and after walking.
43. Do what you love.
44. Choose your friends wisely.
45. Don't burn bridges.
46. Keep a journal/diary.
47. Read "New psycho-cybernetics" by: Dr. Maxwell Maltz
48. Learn to use and trust your subconscious/ intuition.
49. Develop a charismatic personality.
50. Love is all there is.

After reading that I hope you feel a little bit more refreshed!! but anyways:

So my life has been pretty crazy lately, not so much with a ton of things to do but emotional. I am finally trying to piece myself back together and realize that there is always tomorrow and each day can only get better. I know that time will fix everything and everything that I am going through with my life is meant to happen but it is just getting to that point of being ok that is hard. Life will throw some crazy stuff at you but it is how you bounce back that matters. I realized that when I am down, sad, mad, pissed off or anything like that the people around me normally become mad, annoyed, pissed off, etc. and that is not how I want to leave my mark.

The other night was my sister's birthday and some friends and my sister and I went out to celebrate. At the end of the night literally every single person in that bar was coming up to my sister telling her happy 26th birthday and how oh so beautiful she was ;) but ok really we came into the bar knowing maybe like 10 of them and by the end of the night my sister had ended up talking to probably everyone in the bar just being outgoing, fun-loving, and getting to know people. Now she may not know it or the people who met her that night may not know it but she has left a mark on everyone in that bar. Those people will never forget her, may it be for her smile, her awesome dance moves, the 5 min conversation they had but those people who met her that night met someone outgoing, fun to be around, and a positive person. That's what I want. I want people to remember me for being someone positive, happy, outgoing and fun to be around.

Now it's your turn. Make a mark on someones life. Make on a mark on the world. May it be for a little smile, a quick hello, the love you share with someone, or the little jokes that made someone laugh. Make people remember you for how you want to be remembered.

Remember me for always being there, for turning an awkward situation into a dance party. Remember me for always wanting an adventure and for always going after my dreams. For being a hard-worker and dedicated to everything I do. Remember I will not forget you and I have goals and I will achieve them. Remember me for being funny, outgoing, and a positive person. I want people to remember me for who I am and never compare me to someone else. I am different, I am unique, I am original, and I won't be forgotten.

Quote: "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you do, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! It's so inspirational and I feel like I'm getting to know you through what you're writing. Keep em comin :)

    ReplyDelete